Friday 17 October 2014

A Direct Appeal to Sandwell Council Employees

For many months now I have sweat blood trying to get at the cancer at the centre of SMBC - ably assisted by a small, but dedicated, band of assistants of all political persuasions and none.

You know what has been going on over the years and it is time for you to search your consciences and think very carefully about the wisdom of staying silent.

Of course, you are afraid for your jobs, families and livelihoods - particularly when Cooper is getting rid of so many of you. You may also have got to know people you suspect of wrong-doing and be loathe to expose them. But the Council will still need decent employees to operate in the future (especially in busy departments like planning) and long after the current politburo have gone.

You may be Labour yourself and not wish to harm the party but I am receiving call after call from Labour folk sickened with the way things are going on. Solid Labour people I talk to are distressed that certain activities of the current crop of politicians will do the local party serious harm in the long run and what to put a stop to it.

I have, however, to give you a serious warning. My informants tell me that you have received "whistleblowing" advice but if you are minded to speak out be very, very careful. My research and other information leads me to the conclusion that at least two senior council officers and one middle-ranking one are not behaving in the manner one would expect. They are NOT to be trusted. Be very careful who you speak to. I am advising the Police about my concerns.

Addendum - 17/10/14 - I am also informed the SMBC phones are being monitored.......

The police are now investigating various matters concerning SMBC and I have spoken to a high-ranking officer this morning about matters arising. I have to say that I am not wholly convinced as to the impartiality of Sandwell Police in any enquiry but there may be developments coming which may ease my worries. I do not encourage you to break the law in any way and, in all the circumstances, my firm advice is for you to report concerns direct to the Police rather than to officers who might not have your best interests at heart. If possible, make your disclosure direct to an officer and with a witness present. Make sure you keep a written note of the date and time of your complaint, the brief nature of it and the identity of the officer to whom it is made. If you are too frightened to do this send an anonymous letter to the investigating officers but keep a copy.

Whatever happens at the moment The Skidder team will be fighting on.....

Good luck and thanks for your time.

THE SANDWELL SKIDDER - A COMMUNITY BLOG - READ THE SKIDDER, KIDDER!

E-mail:   thesandwellskidder@gmail.com                        Twitter:  @bcrover (Vernon Grant)

Confidential phone no: 07599 983737

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.