Wednesday 18 March 2015

Express & Star Hatchet Job

Cooper and the trolls he is actively engaged with have driven me off Twitter (for the time being) and their friends at the Express and Star have happily done a hatchet job on me today. Quite why my doings should merit attention from the mighty E&S is beyond me but I will take it as a compliment that this blog is on the right track.

As this blog has described the Star on many occasions as "The Wolverhampton c*ck-suckers" and as Cooper's "arse-lickers", I was somewhat surprised when their Assistant Editor, Dan Wainwright, contacted me with various allegations made by The Turdmeister and offered me a "right to reply"

Well here is the actual reply I sent to him (with a couple of minor redactions unfortunately) and you can see how much of it Wainwright actually put in the finished article. Still, that's a "free" press for you.

One point in particular needs highlighting - I specifically denied knowledge of Hussain's grandchildren and yet he still ran the allegation against me!

It should be remembered that the Star attacked The Public on every possible occasion and that it has published hardly anything about factual evidence of wrongdoing that has been put on this blog. Verbally, Wainwright told me that despite Cooper also being the Chair of the West Midlands Police and Crime Panel he did not see that there was any story in the FACT that Cooper is actively engaging with a number of KNOWN twitter troll accounts. (This is a curious response from a journalist noting that there is a separate police complaint solely about the vile trolling of myself and my wife and that the police are also specifically monitoring all this is respect of possible witness intimidation).

Follow Julian Saunders on Facebook if you want to continue to read this blog (where there is also a Readers' Group).

THE SKIDDER WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY BULLYING AND INTIMIDATION. WE FIGHT ON!

Here is my e-mail to Dan Wainwright which he saw long before he published his (or Sandwell Council's Press Office's) piece:

Thanks for giving me a right to reply Dan.

Based on what you sent me:

1. At the time of writing I have heard nothing from Twitter about my accounts but from what the trolls are saying this is because of use of multiple "abusive" accounts. Since December I have been fighting off vicious troll attacks on myself and Linda and to save time I prepared a "dossier" to send to Twitter each time. (If you want I can send you this for information purposes only and most definitely not for publication - but I am incommunicado all morning tomorrow - Tuesday). Twitter allow multiple accounts - though obviously not abusive ones - and I freely admitted to Twitter that I have multiple accounts. Hardly a state secret then!

2. My twitter account - @bcrover - started as a direct result of a senior councillor trying to bribe my wife to support closure of the public and then threatening her when she did not accept. That is not conduct that is usual. You will be well aware that whilst the blog DID initially start in respect of campaigns surrounding the closure of The Public I started being contacted by a great many people about other matters and so have run stories on the statue, the land deals, the Five Star contract, the lying councillors etc. Cooper is determined to silence the blog in the run up to the election.

3. I know you dislike my "style" (if I can call it that) but I have to try and get the message across. The "Turdmeister" nickname came about because of Cooper's obsession with dog excrement. I do not retract the expression "moron" - his Twitter feed says it all!

4. I have been very careful NOT to make direct allegations of corruption, lying etc xxxxxxxxxxx. I have tried to set out the facts and then raised genuine question eg why did Council Officers put through a sale of a valuable building plot to a fellow employee and Cllr Hussain's son. With the greatest respect, Dan, there IS a major police investigation going on about this whatever Cooper says! I do not say this is a boastful way but I know quite a lot more about the police investigation than you - not because the police have made unlawful disclosure but because people phone me to tell me they have been to see them for interviews on various subjects. (Private & confidential - at LEAST xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx have voluntarily contacted the fraud team). (Incidentally I have also had contact with xxxxxxxxxxx re some of these issues).

5. Via the blog and via Twitter I have repeatedly challenged Cooper AND SMBC to tell me what is false in respect of my blog but they have not chosen to do so. May I particularly refer you to my post of 15th JANUARY, 2015 "Just some of MY "LIES" - IN PICTURES!" wherein I put up various documents etc and challenged Cooper to say what was wrong! Not once - apart from when I made a small mistake - has he EVER challenged anything in the blog (on the occasion of the mistake I published an immediate retraction)

6. I have no knowledge of naming Hussain's grandchildren - I don't actually KNOW their names and so I am not sure how I could have done so! If Cooper is suggesting that the photos and blogs I have done of 2 Judge Close, 7 Century Road and the three houses in John Street {show this} then he is skating on very thin ice. I know you find the blog too distasteful to read but, in short:

(a) The John St houses (3) were built by SMBC employee and Hussain son Azeem Hafeez. I put a picture of them on the blog as, at the time, there was no-one on the voters roll for either property (one has now registered) even though all three are occupied. Cooper may be alluding to the rumour that one of Hussain's other sons is living in the largest one (which I have NOT directly alleged) but if he is saying this why is xxxxxxx still listed at 51 McKean Rd on the brand new electoral register????

(b) 7 Century Rd is legally owned by Noreen Bi (Hussain's daughter) and her husband (who works for Serco). They had a home improvement grant from SMBC who retain a charge on the property.But it was standing empty for a long time mainly because..

(c) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a 4 bedroom Council House at 2 Judge Close. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Accordingly I totally refute the allegation that I have released names and addresses of Hussain's grandchildren. Or for that matter, other members of the family as I recall, save to say that I have said they are all on the electoral register - notwithstanding the new individual registration rules - at Hussain's house in McKean Road.

(Incidentally dubious council house allocation is a main plank of the police investigation).

7. I call Cashmore a liar because she is one. I have given evidence to the police with regard to this but as she works for the Star Group you will probably take Cooper's side on this. Just read the blogs! She have never threatened me with legal action for very good reason. You may wish to tread carefully if you are going to publish that I have lied on this one!

The initial photos I put on blog were NOT from Facebook but ones she had had taken by a professional photographer and which she put on the internet herself to show how lovely she was. I accept that the LATER photos were taken from Facebook.

8. I would like to think that my blog had a satirical edge but am happy to accept that it is both a bit rude and certainly robust. I do NOT accept that it as [sic] "abusive".

9. I have given detailed descriptions of Cooper's inane behaviour and his close association with twitter trolls in support of the joke "competition" Britain's Thickest Council Leader" and I have sought other nominations. I fully intend to continue to run the competition until the closing date on 1st April.

A direct quote: "Cllr Cooper and his associates have been making a concerted effort  to silence my blog for 16 months. They have not succeeded so far and they will not succeed with this latest stunt."

I am working tomorrow - Tuesday - morning but if you urgently need to speak to me for any reason please phone me. I will not see any e-mails until the afternoon.

(2 contact phone numbers).

End of e-mail.

Remember you can contact DS Wayne Haynes and the team investigating potential fraud at Sandwell Council in confidence on 0121 251 2175.

THE SANDWELL SKIDDER - A COMMUNITY BLOG - READ THE SKIDDER, KIDDER

E-mail:   julianpsaunders@btinternet.com

Confidential phone no:  07599 983737

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.