Wednesday 21 September 2016

Redactions, Redactions....

Labour Sandwell Council during the Cooper/Britton era became notorious for corruption, incompetence and cronyism. The Skidder and his small, but perfectly-formed, band of helpers has sought to shine a light into the dark corners of Jan Britton's Kremlin where he has caused or permitted his staff to try and get my wife sacked from her current job; caused or permitted his staff to view my social media output then deny this pursuant to the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000; caused or permitted senior officers to lie in official council minutes and records and then refuse to correct the record; caused or permitted staff to lie in Freedom of Information Act responses and much, much more..... That he is still in a job is mind-blowing.


When information has been forthcoming from the rotten Borough it has often been heavily redacted ie bits are crossed out - sometimes whole pages of documents. And so I thought it would be fun if I put up some documents passing the other way - even though, alas, for legal reasons they too are heavily redacted - at least for now......

Document 1

It has long been said that a serving Sadwell Labour Councillor was convicted at Wolverhampton Crown Court for benefit fraud in the 1990's. Now even though this is a matter of considerable public interest the conviction is very probably "spent" and cannot normally be referred to in a respectable blog like this one. However, the councillor concerned made a certain type of legal application which, as a matter of law, requires details of ALL convictions - spent or not. And so I wrote this letter to the person concerned on 1st August, 2016:

"THE SANDWELL SKIDDER - COMMUNITY NEWS

THIS IS NOT A PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION

xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx                                                                 01/08/16

Dear Cllr xxxxxxxxx,

I did try to email you on your Council email but for some reason it bounced back. You might want to check that?

For the benefit of Skidder readers can you kindly forward to me copies of each and every application you have made for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I am only interested in the pages that deal with previous criminal convictions where, of course, it remains a legal requirement for spent convictions to be disclosed.


If you prefer, please leave copies addressed to me at the Oldbury Council House and let me know so that I can collect.

Yours faithfully,"

Sadly, I have received no response and am now taking this matter up via other means.

Incidentally, I am told that the Labour Party also requires details of spent convictions from potential candidates but that this person "forgot" to tell them about his own criminal record. No doubt something else for the comrades to look into.....

Document 2

This - sent today to Leader Steve Eling and the joke "Chief Executive" under the title "Nepotism and Cronyism" - should be self-explanatory:

"Dear Cllr Eling,

I write again on behalf of a whistleblower still employed by SMBC. Once again, I do not wish to libel anyone but the allegation is of a very serious nature and I think it is incumbent on me to pass it on without comment and as this is clearly also a matter of public interest.

The allegation which, of course, may or may not be true is that xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (who was "well-connected" shall we say) secured a well-paid position on Band H without the job being advertised and, more importantly, without interview.

I am told that the employee in question has been openly boasting about this for some time.

For what it is worth I am copying-in your part-time "Chief Executive" even though he is very "close" to individuals allegedly involved in this affair."

Document 3

I sent this document way back on 1st August, 2016 to Cllr Eling and to the man who presided over fraud, corruption and gross incompetence under the Smethwick Scumbag, Cooper, whilst raking in a huge salary - yes, it's that Jan again! This allegation involves a VERY senior employee - VERY close to the top!

"Dear Cllr Eling,

I am cautious about writing to you about this potentially serious allegation. I have no wish to defame anyone but have no means of checking the veracity of what a person claiming to be a whistleblowing employee has told me. I have asked the alleged employee to raise the matter through proper channels but the person has said they are "too scared" to do so - perhaps not surprisingly given what has gone on under the Cooper/Britton regime.

I have no way of knowing whether this allegation is true and it would not really be appropriate in these circumstances to contact employees direct (although I reserve all rights in that regard). The allegation is that xxxxxxxxxxxxx ordered an employee, xxxxxxxxxxxx, to "school" his son prior to an SMBC interview. The son, who I think may be xxxxxxxxxxxxx, was then successful at interview although xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Clearly cover-up was the order of the day during the Cooper/Britton regime but I do hope that this matter will be discreetly investigated and appropriate action taken IF there is any truth in it. 

For what it is worth, I am copying in your "Chief Executive".

I reserve all rights with regard to publication of this correspondence."

Apart from being told that this matter was being "investigated" (and we know what that usually means in "Sadwell" don't we readers) I have heard nothing further.

I did also write this letter direct to the son of the VERY senior Council employee who allegedly landed the job with a little help along the way at taxpayers' expense on 24th August, 2016 but, again, I have received no response:

"This is NOT a private and confidential communication.

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

I am informed that prior to you securing a job with SMBC you received one-to-one tuition at your father's behest via xxxxxxxxxxxx (and maybe others) employed by SMBC.

Can you please confirm the position as soon as possible by replying to thesandwellskidder@gmail.com

Many thanks,"




THE SANDWELL SKIDDER - COMMUNITY NEWS - READ THE SKIDDER, KIDDER!

Email:   thesandwellskidder@gmail.com         Facebook:   Julian Saunders

(The Skidder phone still temporarily out of order - new number to follow shortly).

PROUD TO HAVE BEEN TROLLED BY DICKHEAD DARREN COOPER (DECEASED)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.