Wednesday 17 July 2019

Sandwell Settle Skidder High Court Action!

The Skidder is currently embroiled in three High Court actions - or rather two now as Sandwell have settled one relating to the unlawful exclusion of myself and another person from a Council meeting!

Regular readers will know that I was thrown off-site and excluded from the full Council meeting in January, 2018. Of course, there was always a prime "suspect" for this vile bullying.... I requested the CCTV footage from Sandwell Council that same evening which was not forthcoming for many months. (Ironically I was late arriving that cold winter's night but, apart from "the usual suspects" not speaking, it was a particularly jolly pre-meeting session with many of the flock asking me how my Christmas was and wishing me a Happy New Year!)

The qualified solicitor who is the head of legal in what was Jan Britton's bent paid service, Surjit Tour (the most dangerous person in SMBC), refused to disclose the identity of the alleged complainant(s) who precipitated this whole affair. Tour, who is also the statutory Monitoring Officer eventually sent me the CCTV tape but failed to inform me that it had been doctored and a piece cut out of it (it is claimed that this was on "data protection" grounds).

I sent what is called a protocol letter threatening legal proceedings against all councillors who could possibly have been involved and the sensible ones wrote to me ruling themselves out as the culprit. But, as this blog described, many of the others starting playing "I am Spartacus" and remained "in the frame." Cllr Joyce Underhill specifically told me that she had been told not to respond to me by - drumroll - the aforesaid Surjit Tour!!!!

The upshot of this is that I issued High Court proceedings. At this point a number of the followers of Spartacus lost their nerve and there was a torrent of councillors claiming that they were not involved.

But let me return to the activities of Mr Tour for a moment. I was a (crap) solicitor myself for many years and one is obliged to follow professional standards as well as the desires of those of one's client. There is a general rule about not taking advantage of a genuine mistake by the other side. Whilst this can be a tricky issue with the client most solicitors in my day played by the rules (and I knew some right rogues!)

When I issued the High Court proceedings I informed the Court that I wanted to serve the proceedings rather than let the Court do it (the reasons don't matter save to say I was not quite ready to proceed with the next phase of the action). The Court made a mistake regarding the issuing process and then compounded it by themselves purporting to serve the proceedings on Sandwell Council. As soon as I became aware of this I immediately emailed Tour (and another Sandwell solicitor) explaining that the service was an error and requesting that they return the Claim Form to me. Instead of just doing that (in the knowledge that I was not quite ready to proceed) Tour sought to take advantage of this mistake. He said he would acknowledge service and then seek to force me to serve the Particulars of Claim within 14 days. I will leave the reader to judge this bloke's behaviour but he only capitulated when the Court itself had to contact SMBC and confirm that it was they who had cocked-up and could they have the papers back please? What a guy!

Even in the full knowledge now that High Court proceedings had been issued SMBC continued to play silly buggers (Cllr "Squealing Eling and Jan Britton were still in charge and presumably ordered "independent solicitor" Tour to toe the line.) And so I was forced to serve the proceedings with the full Particulars of Claim. More councillors bailed out but, by then, Eling and Britton's rotten era had come to an end. To their great credit the new order has seen through this utter nonsense and acted swiftly to conclude this matter.

Here is an official public statement from Sandwell Council:

"On 16th January 2018, Julian Saunders and a companion were wrongfully excluded from a public meeting at Oldbury Council House due to inappropriate action by Sandwell Council that night. Sandwell Council have today settled High Court proceedings brought by Mr Saunders in respect of this unfortunate incident with payment of his legal costs. In the light of government cuts to local authority funding Julian Saunders has waived any claim to damages. We publicly apologise to Mr Saunders and his companion in respect of this incident."

I am unable to comment on the other two cases at the moment save to say that, as previously mentioned, I am on the receiving end of one of them where the GMB Union are funding litigation with the stated intention of me (and my wife) losing our house. This latter matter is draining my financial resources to the max. This blog occaionally asks for donations. I do not expect help with the legal actions but small donations towards travel costs, printer ink, land registry and other searches, postage costs etc will be very welcome at this stressful time. Please use the Paypal button on the right side of this page or send small cheques to my address below. (If you are reading this on a mobile you need to click through to the "web version" to find the Paypal button.) I thank you!



THE SANDWELL SKIDDER - COMMUNITY NEWS - READ THE SKIDDER, KIDDER!

**** Phone No: 07470 624207 ****

Email: thesandwellskidder@gmail.com

Facebook: Julian Saunders  Group: The Sandwell Skidder - Speaking Truth To Power!

Twitter: @SandwellSkidder             Telegram: The Sandwell Skidder

Post:  Jules Saunders, 11 Chelworth Road, Birmingham B38 0BG

PROUD TO HAVE BEEN TROLLED BY DICKHEAD DARREN COOPER DECEASED!

LEGAL NOTICE (Version 1 from 23rd January, 2019)

Every now and again we make a genuine honest error and get something wrong. If an error in the blog affects you please email thesandwellskidder@gmail.com and we shall 
use our best endeavours to make appropriate corrections forthwith.

If you consider that anything written is libellous please email thesandwellskid
der@gmail.com or telephone 07470 624207 forthwith. If your complaint has merit we shall endeavour to make immediate amends.

1 comment:


  1. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.